Wednesday, February 7, 2007

First an Introduction

So I know that this blog will present these 'posts' from last (most recent) to first (oldest), and this totally screws up the whole idea of having an introduction, but whatever. Here it is:

I'm going on an open-ended touring/networking/learning type of trip, I'm not sure what to call it. Ontario first, then back through Connecticut, down the East Coast, and west to the West Coast, with no real clue where I'll end up (I'll be happy if my car makes it to Salt Lake City). My goals are to break bread with good people, make connections, find collaborators, learn stuff, and potentially look at jobs or graduate schools for the long run. Included in all this is (finally finishing and) presenting some of my own 'work': as a hip-hop producer (years worth of beats!), a performer of some kind (comedic and occasionally serious songs), as an amateur visual artist (collages, working on a book of them), and as some sort of writer/academic type with (hopefully original) strategies and ideas for grassroots democracy and democratic media. I've been researching online and finding some art-collectives, musicians, university programs, and individuals that I'm going to try to contact, but in general it's pretty must just a nomadic, figure-it-out-as-I-go type of journey.

No comments: